Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Microsoft Vista does not blow....it sucks.

Check out the comments from Jim Louderback, a former PC Magazine editor, on why he said he's going back to Windows XP, "Now that I’m no longer working at PC Mag, I can finally tell you the truth. Vista blows. Vista is a boat anchor. Vista paid my salary for the past few years, but now that I’m no longer sucking on the Redmond teat I’m going to play hero and tell you what I didn’t dare tell you before."

First, this does not say much for PC Magazine. His statement pretty much ruins my odds of spending time on the site. Seriously, fool me once....

But something I noticed on a friends computer is that if you like Mozilla Firefox, be warned, Vista dummies it down. Now, maybe there is a way to work around it but if there is we could not figure it out.

Basically, you still get to use Firefox, but it strips it of all cool features. This, in my opinion, is raging b.s.

Seriously, what is Microsoft afraid of. IE7 dramatically improved from IE6 and it still is lagging behind Firefox.

The strong arm tactics are criminal and I think Bill Gates should give me a few thousand bucks from my displeasure.

Stylistically, Vista is better, I suppose. There are a few gimmicks that would appeal to a little kid or someone who want to sqeeze a few shower babies over all the lastest and greatest what-have-you's....but overall.....beyond sucky for the wait.

I have very little experience with the MAC but am thinking in another year or so when I'm aiming towards another computer, I'm finally going to rid myself of the Microsoft filth.

It's criminal, nothing less, nothing more.


Search Niche-Tech-News!

Google